A few knives

Article about: Was at the Indian lake antique show today and picked up a few knives. Anybody know anything about the Finnish knife . Gary

?

Default A few knives

Was at the Indian lake antique show today and picked up a few knives. Anybody know anything about the Finnish knife . Gary

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1473989656947461764050.jpg   14739894774801920897149.jpg  

What do you want to know about the Finnish knife ? ,it looks to be a nice knife but not military if that's what you want to know

?

Kradman I've found out it's called a puukko my question is is it a good one.

IMO a good and honest puukko with a above average sheath. Nice find!

Mart

?

Thank you Martin worth the $10 I paid for it

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Thank you Martin worth the $10 I paid for it
    Most definitely!!!!

MAP
    ?

Definitely worth $10. I have 4 of these Finnish knives. Three of them were given to me when I was a young boy by our Finnish exchange student every year for Christmas after she left. They are all small and I never ever used them.

The 4th is a very old one (with a pressed paper sheath). Don't know where I got it but it was heavily used and abused. While it's probably 50 years old the blade is still razor sharp!
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Map I hear you this little knife is also Razer sharp .

MAP
    ?

They hold their edge forever. Ratisbons Auction has one for sale now. They listed it as a "trench" knife but I think that is stretching the truth. Just a great but quirky looking knife.

My boys go to summer camp near Indian Lake (a mile or so past North River) and my Nephew worked for years at a family camp in Speculator. A great area (but cold in the winter!)
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I love it up north