Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Field made mugs? or trench art or??????

Article about: I've had these cups for years given to me by my father who cannot remember where he got them from ( but it was in the 50's here in Australia ) They have ( I think ) military type stampings o

Default Field made mugs? or trench art or??????

I've had these cups for years given to me by my father who cannot remember where he got them from ( but it was in the 50's here in Australia ) They have ( I think ) military type stampings on the base and try as I might I don't know what they have been made from.
    The 4/42 could be the date and the handles have been soldered on to make little cups 6cm in diameter and 7cm high

Any ideas? ...... anyone seen something like this before? ........would they be PX items?

Thanks in advance.
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field made mugs? or trench art or??????   Field made mugs? or trench art or??????  

Field made mugs? or trench art or??????   Field made mugs? or trench art or??????  

Field made mugs? or trench art or??????  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

No clue...am not that up on Aussie equipment specs, but I Like them, in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Those handles are they type I have seen on Canadian Railway cups as well as on original US Civil War Mugs..they have the rolled edges, I would say they were made by a company not by the Soldier, but that's just my thoughts on these.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada