Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1214

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

?

I cannot understand how someone can throw Gold in the garbage.

Thanks, Gary and Vegar!

Finds of the day!

I believe I have a wartime Italian M.33 (I wonder if the marker can be removed?), a WWI French M15 helmet, and a British P14 bayonet living in an 1918 dated American WWI M1917 scabbard (I wonder if the bayonet was reissued to the AEF?).

Any help in identifying this new lot would be greatly appreciated!

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

?

great stuff Joe

?

As far as I can see on the photos, I think there are no holes for a badge on the front of the helmet. This means it is not a French M15 Adrian, but Italian made Adrian, which is a little bit more interesting.

Quote by Sokol View Post
    As far as I can see on the photos, I think there are no holes for a badge on the front of the helmet. This means it is not a French M15 Adrian, but Italian made Adrian, which is a little bit more interesting.
    This is not rule of thumb. But I think in this case you are right that this is a French manufactured adrian helmet for Italian issue.

Joe-not a P13 Bayo but the P07-Wilkinson made and refinished post WW1-note no twin grooves on the grips for the P13 type used with the P14/M1917 rifles-as US M1917 rifles and their bayos were sent to Britain and mainly used by the Homeguard, there can be all sorts of equipment mixtures occur.

?

Nice finds! To remove the marker, you might try some Zippo-type lighter fluid (I use one called Ronsonol). I don't think it will remove the original paint, but test it on a small area first. Lighter fluid is the absolute best thing for safely removing marker and sticker residue.

?

I don't want to be a spoiler but Joe post your new finds

Thanks for the info, Lithgow, dutchman and sokol!

Sorry, Gary! I was just pulling your leg. A buddy of mine stopped by my place to show me his stunning DAK helmet... RH, Newbie and I text a lot... I couldn't help but to have a little fun with them!