Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 113 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1214

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

MAP
    ?

Love this buckles Joe. Lots of packs were "converted" for boy scouts I would assume
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, Kiwi and MAP!

Here is the latest look at my militaria collection at my apartment. My living room has my militaria collection (medals, helmets, etc.) while my spare room has my reenacting uniforms and gear. I also have a display of items in my bedroom at my parents' house for some of my nicer items and firearms. I'll have to take a photo of the display at my parents' house next time I visit...
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

MAP
    ?

Fantastic. Is this from the family processing center or also from your own purchases?

Some great stuff there. Love that M1 poster and the WW1 tunic. I want to get a WW1 US Rainbow Division tunic. They were stationed in my hometown here on LI and my parents house was build on top of Camp Mills where they were stationed.

If I remember correctly you are in Western NY, if not I would have loved to swing on by one day (we have a place in the Catskills) to find treasures in trash...pay a fee and given an hour to dig.....LoL.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, Michael!

Not everything you see in the photos is from the trash... I would say probably 50% or so is while the balance was purchased or traded for. Once I find something in the trash, I feel the need to complement it with something to put together a display, get all of it's accessories or complete the set... that causes me to purchase things that I never really thought I'd ever collect. As you see from the photos, it also causes my collection to be rather broad... I have a little bit of everything.... American, British, Russian, German, Japanese, Italian, etc. etc.

I'm actually in Eastern NY about an hour and a half north of NYC on the Hudson River. If I'm free, I'd love to give you a tour, but we don't allow the public to poke around. Too many heavy machines driving around that could squish you or sharp pieces of wood or scrap metal to impale you lol.

MAP
    ?

why did I think you were near Buffalo....are you on the eastern or western side of the Hudson.

Was just joking about the poking thru the trash. Was thinking of that diamond mine down south on Govt land where you pay a fee and and dig to find diamonds...But in my youth I admit I was a dumpster diver and still slow down on trashday to see what the neighbors are thowing out...LoL

Ah!-the curse of collecting-so much stuff and so little time to get it all!-well done Joe.

Quote by MAP View Post
    why did I think you were near Buffalo....are you on the eastern or western side of the Hudson.

Was just joking about the poking thru the trash. Was thinking of that diamond mine down south on Govt land where you pay a fee and and dig to find diamonds...But in my youth I admit I was a dumpster diver and still slow down on trashday to see what the neighbors are thowing out...LoL
    lol, no prob. We are in Dutchess County, so on the eastern side of the river

MAP
    ?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    lol, no prob. We are in Dutchess County, so on the eastern side of the river
    Ah..take the Taconic up to our farm in the Catskills. We go right thru Dutchess....maybe one day

Latest find! I am shocked by the condition of this canteen. The cup seems like a late war replacement?
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

Excellent canteen!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."