Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

No real idea, not my field-bayo is approx 40-50 dollars as it's in good condition with frog.

You have no idea how much the binoculars would go for? Does $200-$250 sound reasonable?

Sounds possible-precision optics are never cheap but like most collecting, it depends on condition and rarity (with a little 'fashionability' as well)-as I said though I don't collect that sort of thing.

I looked in a book and hey are tropical 6 x 30 service binoculars with ordnance tan painted finish they go for about anywhere from $200 - $300. - Nick K

?

These are standard 6x30 binoculars issued to all branches of service, the tan colour doesnt mean they were only for tropical use, check the optics on them, each eye piece is adjustable and if good should be perfect viewing, the lenses may need wiping down carefully, i have a pair exactly like this and they are the best pair of binoculars ive owned, better than the modern ones, they are missing the lens protectors , but for a freebie you cant complain, value depends on condition and whether they are complete with case etc

Quote by davejb View Post
    These are standard 6x30 binoculars issued to all branches of service, the tan colour doesnt mean they were only for tropical use, check the optics on them, each eye piece is adjustable and if good should be perfect viewing, the lenses may need wiping down carefully, i have a pair exactly like this and they are the best pair of binoculars ive owned, better than the modern ones, they are missing the lens protectors , but for a freebie you cant complain, value depends on condition and whether they are complete with case etc
    They work fine, the lenses are just a little dusty. I brought them outside and can see down the road in the neighborhood. Unfortunately, the foliage restricted me from checking anything out too far away.

?

Try looking at the moon with them, even for a small focal calibration they are very good at detail

Try looking at the moon with them, even for a small focal calibration they are very good at detail
    I just brought them outside. There wasn't much light, and unfortunately no moon, but I was able to focus in on the porch light of a house down the street. Nice detail considering how dark it was... I could read my neighbor's name on the front porch mail box! As I said before, the lenses are a little dirty. What is the best way to clean them?

I'm starting to fall in love with these binocs.

?

A little dab of car screen wash on a clean cloth, the type that has alcohol as its base, gently wipe, dont scrub as there could be grit in the dirt and you could scratch the lenses, once the dirt is off wipe with a clean lint cloth to remove any residue or smear, these glasses will last another 65yrs easily

A little dab of car screen wash on a clean cloth, the type that has alcohol as its base, gently wipe, dont scrub as there could be grit in the dirt and you could scratch the lenses, once the dirt is off wipe with a clean lint cloth to remove any residue or smear, these glasses will last another 65yrs easily
    I'm assuming I should do this just on the outside. Taking these things apart would probably be a horrible idea.

Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast