Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

when I was in the scouts we used to remove dent from flasks by part filling with water closing the lid and then heating on a meths stove ,as the water expanded the dents popped out

?

Youcan remove dents, but put the water filled canteen to the freeser- do not forget it there, just for a couple of hours it will destroy it
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Here is my latest find! Not militaria... but a lot of the stamps in this collection look to be dated from the time of World War II. (My dad stuck the collection on the wall in his office.) Lots of stamps have Roosevelt on them...

I should have checked to see if there were any German stamps, but It totally slipped my mind.

I leave for Italy tomorrow... so no garbage finds until I get back! Maybe I'll find some militaria in Italia!

?

nice fine it will look nice on a wall.

Hello all!

It has happened again. This time, it appears I saved a beaded M40 Luftschutz from the scrap heap. I do not remember the batch number off hand, but it was an ET64

It appears as if the helmet had been painted over with black, and some hideous fantasy decals have been applied.

Also... we didn't spot this lid until it was too late. It looked like it was originally in perfect condition, but it didn't survive the grinder unscathed. It has two matching dents on either side above where the wearers ears would be.

My questions:
    Is it authentic? Can it be restored? What is it's value?

Unfortunately, I am leaving soon for the first leg of my trip to Italy. I do not know if I will be able to obtain better photos until AFTER I return.

THANKS!

P.S. This came in on the same load:

?

Wow! And this is just one, not big place. Just imagine what has gone in the bin in all places, in all those years!!!!!!

If you think about that you start crying as an collector..

This just came in!

The box, medal, ribbon bar, and mini pin are all in mint condition... just a little dusty. There is nothing engraved on the back of the medal itself. The only markings I see are: G-23 on the back of the pin on the medal, G-GI on the back of the ribbon bar, and G-GI on the back of the pin. All of the backings say IRA Green INC. USA

Can anyone tell me when it's from? Judging by the box... I'd say Vietnam of more recent. What is the whole set worth?

It happened again! This time a customer saw my sign and donated a JAPANESE COMBAT HELMET to me!

He said his grandfather took it as a souvenir while fighting on Iwo Jima!

Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast