Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

nice finds mate

thats a nice find in the Garbage. Can you post pics of the liner in side the helmet?
    Thanks

I seem to have found someone's small collection in the trash today. It all came bundled together in a zip-lock plastic bag.

U.S. Civil War Confederate States Currency... I'll go about taking higher quality pics to see if these are real.
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

Allied Occupation currency from Italy (1943) and France (1944). Wartime currency from France, Fascist Italy, and Algeria.
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

Shoulder flashes (three 7th army pinned together, and one 42nd infantry division), a ruptured duck, and a mystery belt buckle. The belt buckle is made of bronze and says: "Hickok" and "Hickok Plate"

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

?

Hansa Linie TIGER from the steamship gift store,, made from water buffalo horn... Hamburg Amerika Line

What a lot of nice finds! It blows me away what folks are tossing out.
    Apropos your occupation as a history teacher. One of my most influential teachers in high school was my World History teacher. When we covered the period of WW2 he brought in a NSDAP podium banner, which he draped over his podium as he lectured. Can you imagine the uproar these days if a teacher did that. He'd probably lose his job, and the school would bring in counselors for the students to help them recover from the shock!

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    What a lot of nice finds! It blows me away what folks are tossing out.
    Apropos your occupation as a history teacher. One of my most influential teachers in high school was my World History teacher. When we covered the period of WW2 he brought in a NSDAP podium banner, which he draped over his podium as he lectured. Can you imagine the uproar these days if a teacher did that. He'd probably lose his job, and the school would bring in counselors for the students to help them recover from the shock!
    Welcome to my world!

Can anyone offer insight on my latest finds?

Yep, I was in High School from 1979-1983, My History Teacher was a civil war re-enactor. When we studied the civil war he we bring in his rifles and swords. Back then history was fun. Today he would be fired by the union and get at least 20 yeas in jail.

I've been spending most of my time lately at the high school and not at recycling facility. I stopped into the office today after work and found that these were pulled out of the trash for me:

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Both are marked "STERLING" on the back. On the combat infantry badge, the wreath is a separate piece.

nice new badges mate

Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast