Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Looks like a WWI 3" HE shell to me, hard to tell from the picture.
    I had someone give me a 75MM tank round (live HE) a couple of years ago. The idiots who gave it to me had put it in a vise and drilled holes in the brass case to empty the powder out and pryed the primer out with a chisel thinking it would be deactive after that. He played around with it and had it displayed above his fireplace for years. I had EOD come by my house to check it out. Turns out the warhead was 100% live HE. They went to put it in the back of thier truck and showed me the last thing they picked up. It was a live bangalor mine. It was bent in almost in half at several places. I don't know how that one didn't go off. As I have stated before, never trust any of this stuff and treat it like it's live. There was tons of this stuff brought back by combat vets who were used to it thinking it would be pretty cool to show their friends. It's turning up everywhere now as they are dying off.
    Burt

Looks to me like a live shell. The nose fuse is still intact and the drive band has no markings on it, indicating it has never been fired. Need a better picture to be certain what calibre but I think you need bomb disposal

A kid I went to high school with/ is now one of our customers offered me this HJ knife today. I have my suspicions... and these are the only two photos he has offered.

Finds in the GARBAGE!
    Finds in the GARBAGE!

?

Don't know if engravings are normal on HJ knives. Engravings on the daggers is normally on the other side of the blade.

I know that the motto is on early pattern HJ knives, but were not included on later pattern knives because they sped up the production process... He also said the HJ diamond wiggles, which is a good sign.

?

So engravings was on the right side of the HJ daggers?

Were the Nazis big fans of 'The Wiggles'?-the Brown skivvy maybe!

Quote by Datrus View Post
    So engravings was on the right side of the HJ daggers?
    Yup!

Lakesidetrader | German Daggers & Military Collectables

Offered.....as in here,take it? Or as in here, give me a $100 bucks or so? Ron

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Offered.....as in here,take it? Or as in here, give me a $100 bucks or so? Ron
    As in he thinks he has the holy grail and wants a million bucks for it.

Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast