Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    After reading this entire thread, if you found a Sherman tank in there I wouldn't be surprised, or have you found a couple already?

PS: I am also putting up a sign at work asking for WWII items, great idea it was!

regards
    I'm a district manager of several Subway restaurants. We get new employees in and out all the time. Most of them are young, and they probably had grandfathers, great uncles, great-grandfathers, etc. in WWII. I should post a sign at each store and see what I get.

Hi Mo,

I would really hope that people aren't throwing these things on purpose... I pray that they are just told to toss a pile of boxes and don't have time to search through them.

I've said this before, but the company 1800GOTJUNK is a company that comes to mind... their employees are all high school or college students... and they're paid to quickly clean out spaces. No time to sort through, especially when they're working at a horder's home.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'm a district manager of several Subway restaurants. We get new employees in and out all the time. Most of them are young, and they probably had grandfathers, great uncles, great-grandfathers, etc. in WWII. I should post a sign at each store and see what I get.
    Of course you guys know about the sign I've posted at the recycling facility... I have also posted a sign at the high school I teach at. Since posting it, I've gotten an M1 Carbine belt pouch with two minty mags, an M1917 WWI helmet, a catalog of German dress daggers, and a leaflett that outlines how American soldiers should surrender/ guarantees them safe passage.

As long as you emphasize to people that you aren't a neo-nazi, etc. It really doesn't hurt to ask!!

My parents recently hired a cleaning lady. The other day she noticed I had an HJ knife laying beside my computer monitor. When she asked me about it I said I collected anything relating to the World Wars. She then proceeded to tell me the story of how her father was a rifleman during the war. He landed on Omaha Beach, fought in Belgium, France, and Germany, she couldn't remember what division he was in. He brought back a bunch of war souvenirs that she said she would give me! Her father died in 2001, and all his stuff is currently at her sister's house. She also had some original film footage from Vietnam that belonged to her ex-husband, who fought on the frontlines for two years before he was wounded. He is now in his 60's. She said the footage is of actual combat, and it was considered "confidential". She is going to bring it next Thursday, 2 days from now, and let me watch it, but warned me that it was pretty gory. That just goes to show that you never know what you will find!

regards, Corey

What do you guys think I should do with the shovel?

Part of me wants to just leave it as is and use it while camping and buy one that has been untouched for display.

The other part of me want's to strip the post war paint... makes it look plastic...

I wonder if there is any original paint underneath. If it were me, I would strip it down. The shovels are pretty easy to get a hold of and don't cost that much either.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    What do you guys think I should do with the shovel?

Part of me wants to just leave it as is and use it while camping and buy one that has been untouched for display.

The other part of me want's to strip the post war paint... makes it look plastic...
    Strip the paint my friend. It looks strange.

Regards, Lars

Joe, the guy did come through with the M34 helmet, walked in with it about 30 mins ago It is mint AND twice named. I'm a happy bunny. Thread later

HEY !!! That's that damn rabbit that scared the crap outta me at the big dig !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smug little bugger..........

Quote by Steve T View Post
    HEY !!! That's that damn rabbit that scared the crap outta me at the big dig !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smug little bugger..........
    Probably smug because he knows all the good gear is in his tunnels, next time you want to score big follow the white rabbit

Page 58 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast