Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

The bino's are good Joe! Nice set of feldglas 08 (field glass 1908). Used through the first world wary the Germans. Look to be in good condition to.

Jason

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    The bino's are good Joe! Nice set of feldglas 08 (field glass 1908). Used through the first world wary the Germans. Look to be in good condition to.

Jason
    Thanks for the response, Jason! A gentleman wants to trade them for his dump bill... our minimum charge is $20... so it'll cost me at least that! What do you think the binos are woth? I don't want to end up paying for his $50-$100 bill if the binos are not woth that much!

I saw that same token in an antique store last week. This pair of binoculars go for about 35-40 dollars on eBay.

Corey

Check the optics on these fernglas, as they are, quite often cloudy or with fungus. To have them cleaned would be cost prohibitive, if they needed it. They are, of course, WWI and not WWII, although some dealers would like to pretend that they used them early in WWII, which is nonsense. A shame that there's no case or neckstrap with them. The price quoted is about what they are worth for value. The token has been delivered to where it belongs,however.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good morning!

I texted the gentleman with the fernglas... we shall see if we can make a deal over them today! Stay tuned!

I gave that Kevlar helmet to a buddy this past weekend. He promptly went out and bought a desert camo cover for it from his local surplus store. Looks very nice!
    Finds in the GARBAGE!

In other news, actress Uma Thurman just became one of our customers!

Gentleman with the fernglas came in at the end of the day today. I should have kept my mouth shut... I told him that they were actually from WWI and NOT WWII and I could almost see the dollar signs in his eyes. He said the least he would take would be $50. I countered with $20 and he came back at me with $40. I inspected the binos, and while the optics were clear... the adjustment knobs were beat up and didn't work properly. As such, I passed on them.

BUT! This was found in the heap today:
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Not bad for an honest day's work!
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 07-03-2012 at 10:08 PM.

?

Mmmm Uma Thurman

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    In other news, actress Uma Thurman just became one of our customers!
    Maybe she will bring in her 'Kill Bill' katana to exchange for some mulch???

Cheers, Dan

Maybe she'll wiggle her big toe for some mulch. Some of you may get that..??

I am not sure if I mentioned it here or not...

A customer of our recycling facility owed my father some money. As payment, my father accepted an M1 Carbine and a scoped hunting rifle. My father gave me the carbine and it's now a part of my WWII rifle collection. It came with a cruddy commerical plastic tactical stock... I promptly purchased USGI furniture for it... I was told that the stock came from carbines used post-war in Italy.

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast