Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Default Re: Finds in the GARBAGE!

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Just to give you an idea of how many stinkbugs we have down here, last Spring I killed more stinkbugs then a didn't kill.
    Oh yeah man, we have a stink bug infestation on our hands here. I normally don't kill them... I've heard that attracts them. I either toss them out the window or flush 'em.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Sorry I am a bit confused, but why should this flag be burnt?

Cheers, Patrick
    When an American flag is damaged beyond use, it should be respectfully "retired". The recommended means is to burn it. I think this one can be cleaned up and can be put to good use. I've already found a good home for it.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Oh yeah man, we have a stink bug infestation on our hands here. I normally don't kill them... I've heard that attracts them. I either toss them out the window or flush 'em.

When an American flag is damaged beyond use, it should be respectfully "retired". The recommended means is to burn it.
    Hi

I never knew that....

Cameron

Here's U.S. official regs for the disposal or retirement of the National Flag as laid down in 1942:

The U.S. Code, a compilation of federal laws, contains the U.S. Flag Code. This code states that when the flag "is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning"

Disposal
    Individuals who want to dispose of a flag should first cut the flag apart, so it can no longer be considered a flag. This consists of cutting the stripes into 13 individual stripes and removing the stars from the blue background, which should always be left whole. Then the flag is considered ready to burn. Another acceptable method for disposing of a flag is to leave it whole, fold it into the customary triangle and then place it into the fire.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I personally would not burn the flag though i do think putting it in a ziplock bag and setting it in the freezer for a bit would be a good idea

?

I'm glad that you didn't burn the flag, just because something has received rough care doesn't mean it needs to get tossed, a little bit of TLC goes a long way. Nice work!

THIS CAME IN TODAY! Authentic?!

Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

It looks like a good late war piece to me... But there are fakes out there.

?

Joe it looks like another great find

?

Looks good from what I can see.

Could anyone venture to guess how much this sword is worth?

Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast