Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Flea market find

Article about: I went to a flea market today, and found these in a pile of odds and ends. I got the papers and war bond poster for only three dollars. Happy that the trip wasn't a loss, I go to walk away a

Default Flea market find

I went to a flea market today, and found these in a pile of odds and ends. I got the papers and war bond poster for only three dollars. Happy that the trip wasn't a loss, I go to walk away and the guy says "You like war stuff? You can have this as well.", and hands me the lithographs of MacArthur and Roosevelt for free! Not a bad catch I think.

I have a question though. I looked at the back of the war bond poster and read the paragraph which looks like a sales pitch. It also appears to have been torn from a book. Someone marked them as from 1941 in pencil. Any Ideas?

Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture papers008.jpg   papers010.jpg  

papers011.jpg   papers003.jpg  

papers004.jpg   papers005.jpg  

Default Re: Flea market find

others...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture papers007.jpg   papers006.jpg  

papers001.jpg   papers002.jpg  

I like them, good find.

Quote by Wolfe1165 View Post
    I went to a flea market today, and found these in a pile of odds and ends. I got the papers and war bond poster for only three dollars. Happy that the trip wasn't a loss, I go to walk away and the guy says "You like war stuff? You can have this as well.", and hands me the lithographs of MacArthur and Roosevelt for free! Not a bad catch I think.

I have a question though. I looked at the back of the war bond poster and read the paragraph which looks like a sales pitch. It also appears to have been torn from a book. Someone marked them as from 1941 in pencil. Any Ideas?

Thanks, John
    Hi, Wolfe !

The Bond poster may have been originally released in 1941, but it indeed
    has been taken out of a later book. The paragraph is actually
    a caption for these poster images.

Those are two very nice lithographs !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, I figured it was from some sort of order catalog or the like. The lithographs are both marked Copr. C. Moss 1942