Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flea market find

Article about: I went to a flea market today, and found these in a pile of odds and ends. I got the papers and war bond poster for only three dollars. Happy that the trip wasn't a loss, I go to walk away a

Default Flea market find

I went to a flea market today, and found these in a pile of odds and ends. I got the papers and war bond poster for only three dollars. Happy that the trip wasn't a loss, I go to walk away and the guy says "You like war stuff? You can have this as well.", and hands me the lithographs of MacArthur and Roosevelt for free! Not a bad catch I think.

I have a question though. I looked at the back of the war bond poster and read the paragraph which looks like a sales pitch. It also appears to have been torn from a book. Someone marked them as from 1941 in pencil. Any Ideas?

Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market find   Flea market find  

Flea market find   Flea market find  

Default Re: Flea market find

others...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market find   Flea market find  

I like them, good find.

Quote by Wolfe1165 View Post
    I went to a flea market today, and found these in a pile of odds and ends. I got the papers and war bond poster for only three dollars. Happy that the trip wasn't a loss, I go to walk away and the guy says "You like war stuff? You can have this as well.", and hands me the lithographs of MacArthur and Roosevelt for free! Not a bad catch I think.

I have a question though. I looked at the back of the war bond poster and read the paragraph which looks like a sales pitch. It also appears to have been torn from a book. Someone marked them as from 1941 in pencil. Any Ideas?

Thanks, John
    Hi, Wolfe !

The Bond poster may have been originally released in 1941, but it indeed
    has been taken out of a later book. The paragraph is actually
    a caption for these poster images.

Those are two very nice lithographs !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, I figured it was from some sort of order catalog or the like. The lithographs are both marked Copr. C. Moss 1942