Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Flea Market Finds

Article about: What I got this morning. Stein,mother and father wall hangings,14 1/2x33 shirt,Nov. 15,1940 dated size 34x31 trousers and belt. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Default Re: Flea Market Finds

What I got yesterday.1972 and 1982 size Large M-65 field jackets unused,101st. cut edge patch,Royal Winton pitcher MacArthur, made in West Germany stein 11th. Artty. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Those are neat.

?

$5 for the pitcher and $10 for the stein. Rich A. in Pa.

?

What I got today. Ssh-36 helmet shell,cut down spear and shield, postcards and pics from one guy. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Quote by colt45 View Post
    flea Mkt. hat.. I know the white star badge is fake

- - Updated - -

looks like an old kepi
    This is a late 1800's/early 1900's Knights Templar cap. I can almost garantee there's a red cross in silver bullion and red felt under the ugly star patch. I own an example just like this in my collection along with some from the 30's and 40's as well. I will get some pics for you when i have a chance.I have these pics for now and you can see a couple on my shelf. I must also add that your cap is in very fine condition.The problem with this certain square brim is that the black coating easily gets marked up and especially when its warm.yours isnt so bad.If I owned this cap I would try to GENTLY remove the patch to expose the nice cross symbol used by the fraternal or secret society of the Knights Templar.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds   Flea Market Finds  

Last edited by Dean; 06-25-2012 at 01:24 AM.

?

What I got today. 1879 Mills belt,patches,pins,dog tag. Rich A. in Pa.

?

All I got so far. 1970 FM 7-10,Woodland Scenics Turf,2 shells I do not know the headstamp SV&M,tool with swastica,Tamiya model kit,2 medal bars and ribbon bar. Rich A. in Pa.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    What I got today. Ssh-36 helmet shell,cut down spear and shield, postcards and pics from one guy. Rich A. in Pa.
    The spear is interesting. It's a shortened version of the Zulu assegai called an 'Iklwa'. This short stabbing spear was designed for close combat and was the idea of the great Zulu warrior king Shaka. The binding pattern of the tip to the shaft looks as if it could be an original piece rather than a tourist item. It should be perfectly balanced when in the hand for it to stand a chance. The word 'Iklwa' comes from the sound it makes when withdrawn from the victims body....Which is nice!

I wouldn't like to say much about the originality of the small shield, it is small, but some types were, but the finish appears to be that of a tourist item, better pic's would be needed to tell, but don't hold your breath.

Nice finds again Rich.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That Shaka Zulu was no dumbass.

The assegai is a cool item.The Brit's at Isandlwana and Rourkes Drift in Jan of 1879 may disagree with me on that one.
    20000 Zulu's passed through the breach loading .577 Martini- Henrys wall of lead at Isandlwana to destroy a modern military formation with these weapons.
    I do like it,hope it's good Rich
    Cheers
    Dave

Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast