Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast

Flea Market Finds

Article about: What I got this morning. Stein,mother and father wall hangings,14 1/2x33 shirt,Nov. 15,1940 dated size 34x31 trousers and belt. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Both nice items - congrats.
    Is that a US issued chopper/pruner or what is the background, pls (ive seen similar but never that exact one)?

?

All I got. U.S.-ORD. marked tire pump.
    Scout,It is U.S. marked 1917 dated made in France. I have 2.
    Greek Militaria,You want pics of rooms with 33 & 35 gallon size plastic storage bins,cardboard boxes,sea bags,'chute bags full of stuff? Steel I beam in the basement full of coats hanging on it? Curio cabinet with stuff stacked 3-4 items on top of each other on shelves? Piles of stuff stacked on the basement floor?
    I could go on. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Thanks, looks good. A nice utility tool. I assume a pruner/chopper?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Thanks, looks good. A nice utility tool. I assume a pruner/chopper?
    It's called a Bill hook, sort of a cross between a knife and an axe, and is used for chopping/clearing saplings, hedges, briars etc., we call this 'brashing' around my area and hence the tool is a 'brashing hook'.

I use mine mostly to chop up Jehovahs' Witnesses and double glazing salesman who come knocking my door at all hours of the bloody day....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for info. Im familiar with the term for the Tool. Looks very practical. You can both snag a branch with the hook and/or make sure you cut it as the offending twig slides along the edge all the way to the tip of the hook.

We have dogs for taking care of the door sales men et al here. Im always reminded of my buddy, whose family had a Terrier. It bit everybody including the owners. In short a little nutter (well, it was a Terrier. Compounded by the owners not doing their bit).
    Anyway, it was at my buddys place and the door bell rang. It was a couple of Witnesses. To ingratiate themselves, one stretched out his hand to the dog and asked my buddy 'Does it bite?'
    The answer was 'No.'

He never saw them again.

?

Al iI got yesterday. W.W.2 Officer bedding holder,W.W.2 rain pants,H.B.T. cap,Air Corp and Marine felt patches,embroidered Marine coat by Jostens,WestPac tour jacket from Treasure Island. Rich A. in Pa.

?

All I got today. 1943 jungle hammock,1967 field jacket,AAF service record book,Chinese 1969 RPG sight,US Regulation bugle,Steyer clip and brass,1944 shovel cover,unknown pin,Air Force medal,Italian German Africa medal,USNR pin,bank notes and coins. Rich A. in Pa.

?

pencil sharp

?

What I got. Kevlar helmet,Japanese bayonet,grenade body with yellow band,ribbon bar,medal,B.W. pocket knife. Rich A. in Pa.

Pic is very small, but looks like a good haul.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 32 of 126 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast