Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found 1 x set of dog tags, NT Australia.

Article about: Hi all, did some digging around the back of home this afternoon and found a set of dog tags, I would think they'd have to be in line with the defence of Darwin from the bombing of Darwin in

Wes13
    ?

Default Found 1 x set of dog tags, NT Australia.

Hi all, did some digging around the back of home this afternoon and found a set of dog tags, I would think they'd have to be in line with the defence of Darwin from the bombing of Darwin in 1942.

Any ideas on how to find the owner of them. I have already done a google search of the name on the tags with no luck! new to this sort of stuff any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Wes

Default Re: Found 1 x set of dog tags, NT Australia.

Tags for which country?

if you show us some pictures of the tags we can tell you were to go from there

tom

?

Hi Wes,

are they round and made of light metal ( like alloy ) The size of a $1 coin ,they would have his rank/religion/number ( C.E.) etc stamped on them and his name. I have found many of them over the years and returned them to the family if possible.Last one was a RAAF flight Sergeant disk from Western Australia in York ( Farming Town ) I found this one in a old tool box full of rusty tools in a second-hand store.The living family was most grateful of its return and was placed with his medals etc.

Having said this, it could be an American dog tag, as they lived in Darwin also.Maybe pics would be nice to confirm.

Cheer's,Mark

Wes13
    ?

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, and yes i am a squid when it comes to correct operation of a pc, but when i go to the insert image selection it brings up a box asking for the url of the image. Isnt the url an internet address, my pics are saved to my picture folder, please help.......................... No laughing LOL

?

Hi Wes, are you still having trouble with uploading pics.I am the worst person to ask about PCs. I hope you can sort it out.I find ID tags most interesting and I would like to see what you have found.

Cheer's , Mark

If you post the details or pictures, I'm pretty sure I or others will be able to source the service papers for the chap (or chapess) in question, assuming they are to an Aussie of course.