Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

found in a skip... 115 years old!

Article about: There have been a few finds of ww2 stuff left by the US 101st Airborne Div in the Aldbourne stables, England..... these came from a stables down the road in Ramsbury! Trunk (probably ww1), P

ILH
    ?

Default found in a skip... 115 years old!

There have been a few finds of ww2 stuff left by the US 101st Airborne Div in the Aldbourne stables, England..... these came from a stables down the road in Ramsbury!

Trunk (probably ww1), Packing case (has two Boer names with 1900AD dates penciled in the lid), and 'No1 Surgical Pannier' which was 'repaired and completed, 5 Nov 1903'.
    All belonged to GH Goddard, Royal Army Medical Corps - Lt & Cpt during the 3rd Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902 (wounded at Paaderburg), Lt.Col. (dropped to Temp Mjr{quite common in the RAMC during ww1}) in charge of a Field Ambulance unit in ww1 and the man who reorganised the medical triage, treatment, and facailities setup within the front line trenches.

I can't believe these were thrown out and am so happy to have found them.... the crate and pannier will be going to one of 4 museums (let them argue it out between them ).

ad nauseam!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found in a skip... 115 years old!   found in a skip... 115 years old!  

found in a skip... 115 years old!  

I'd be more than happy with that find!...