Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Found today on Arpley Meadows council tip

Article about: My word! Just chucking all that kit out! I mean okay... Maybe the guy never will use it again but just binning it! I would go with Andy and say about £50 possibly more. Dave has a point ther

?

I can tell you a little story if I may? I had stacks of desert kit I didn't need so I rang up the Army Cadets to see if they wanted it? No they said can't have that as it won't be on the books. Selling some of the stuff on e-bay just isn't worth it. So one day I was walking the dogs over my local fields & spotted 2 lads playing Army like they do. Now I must have come across as a right weirdo when I said to the lads go home tell your Dad if he will let you have some Army stuff give me a ring. Well an hour later there was Dad & these 2 lads so I gave them 2 big black holdals full of stuff.. & I tell you what it was like Christmas had come early for them....More Army stuff than you could shake a stick at. Sorry for the long story. & an excellent find Harry. Cheers Terry.

?

Brilliant Terry!

Can we quit with the stupid comments? I would guess a large majority of ex squaddies have no interest in keeping hold of kit they have no use for. They keep items that are sentimental to them medals, cap badges and berets. When I came out I kept very little a set of combats, some maps from the desert and a few odds and sods. Not everyone is interested in collecting militaria and I personally find it offensive when stupid comments are branded about for someone who appears to have served and done their bit. There could be a number of reasons why they no longer want it.

Howver, having ranted on it is a good find and now appears to have a new home.

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    Can we quit with the stupid comments? I would guess a large majority of ex squaddies have no interest in keeping hold of kit they have no use for. They keep items that are sentimental to them medals, cap badges and berets. When I came out I kept very little a set of combats, some maps from the desert and a few odds and sods. Not everyone is interested in collecting militaria and I personally find it offensive when stupid comments are branded about for someone who appears to have served and done their bit. There could be a number of reasons why they no longer want it.

Howver, having ranted on it is a good find and now appears to have a new home.
    That's kinda what I was pointing out, it's no big deal. Afterall, if you work on the council all your life, are you going to keep your overalls, hi viz coat, safety hat and road sweeper's broom? Nah.....I couldn't be ar$ed to either, it's no different.

One man's junk is another man's treasure.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would have thought HM's Govt forces would have been keen to get the Kevlar back-both expensive and not a good idea to have bullet proof stuff floating about the countryside...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3