Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Found today on Arpley Meadows council tip

Article about: My word! Just chucking all that kit out! I mean okay... Maybe the guy never will use it again but just binning it! I would go with Andy and say about £50 possibly more. Dave has a point ther

Default Found today on Arpley Meadows council tip

I had a call from a neighbour this evening who works on the local tip here in Warrington. He had spotted a man about to dispose of a military bag into one of the skips. He rescued it, took it home and then brought it around to me - he knows I collect militaria and thought I might like to have it. its a bit modern for my tastes. I've had a look through, and the helmet is a 2008 manufactured Mk 6 with two camo covers. Most of the pouches appear to be mint. I'm out of my depth here. Do people collect this very modern gear, and as a ball-park figure what is it worth? I would be prepared to trade it all for French or Belgian WW1 awards if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Found today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tipFound today on Arpley Meadows council tip

Someones going to get a bollocking for losing all their issued cammo gear!!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

What do these people think ??

Jeez why throw it away? it'd fetch a few quid on ebay. Off the top of my head the boonie hats must be worth 8 to 10 quid each, the gloves maybe a tenner, the pouches a couple of quid each, the camelback at least a tenner. Not sure what the lid is worth though!...

Some people just sit on their brains all day long....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm betting he's just finished on the reserve list and has binned all the gear he doesn't need anymore. Notice that there's no bergan, boots, trousers, jackets or shirts? He'd keep them for when he does the gardening or goes fishing as they're still useful to him, the rest ain't, although he may have kept his beret for sentimental reasons alone I guess.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

So does anybody know anything about the patch. Who did this guy serve with?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So does anybody know anything about the patch. Who did this guy serve with?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    16 air assault brigade Phil!...

Patch is combat subdued 16th Air Assault Brigade, Op Herrick.

I'd say there's about £50 worth of gear there. Nice find for free.

?

Id say nearer £100, some of that gear you cant find in army surplus stores or on markets

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast