Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

french car boot find

Article about: A couple of weeks ago i picked up this bag in a car boot in Normandy,it has a definite military feel about it.[it looks like a despatches bag]Can anyone identify its age or use? theres no ma

frogturn
    ?

Default french car boot find

A couple of weeks ago i picked up this bag in a car boot in Normandy,it has a definite military feel about it.[it looks like a despatches bag]Can anyone identify its age or use?
    theres no markings anywhere i can see.Thanks for looking,Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture french car boot find   french car boot find  

french car boot find  

Default Re: french car boot find

Maybe some sort of courier bag, but does not seem to be ww2 related.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

I think the solution is in the two buckles. That will tell from wich country it come.
    For me personly I dont think military, or maybe after war. The leather doesn't look thick enough for wartime item.
    Maybe French pre-war?

Neat bag, but i dont think it is ww2 related, as Nuno said

This is not ww2.I think it is from the guys on the trains that give the tickets.but not military.

?

Ok, maybe it's way off but it's reminiscent of a bag I saw once in Dublin city. A slightly anxious looking camouflage uniformed man rushing down the street carrying a bag like that. Clearly French and there was a French ship docked in the harbour. I could be wrong but it's a bit of a coincidence. Bear in mind I'm pretty up to speed with miltary equipment so took it all in and followed him for a while.

We are not in NATO or anything like that so it stood out so I have a vivid memory. Proves nothing of course.