MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fresh Estate sale finds.

Article about: Hello, Great weekend for estate picking!!! I found these items at a local estate saturday and thought I would share them with every one. Did not manage to arrive at estate sale till an hour

Default Fresh Estate sale finds.

Hello, Great weekend for estate picking!!!
    I found these items at a local estate saturday and thought I would share them with every one. Did not manage to arrive at estate sale till an hour after it had started and I figured that all the goodies would have dissapeared. I was told by estate company that the first person through door had purchased every thing so I thought I was right on this . Well I ended up deciding to look through house in hopes of finding something and found myself in the master bedroom looking through the rather large[and full] closets. Amazingly, at back of closet I found a 3rd army artillery officer laison jacket with bullion wings and london makers tag. I also found a pilots A-4 leather jacket etc. After having found the uniform etc, I decided to pay for the items and haul them to my truck. After putting the items away I decided that maybe I should give the closet another going over.
    Boy was that the right call! Digging in bottom of the closet revealed both an army officer sword and luft dagger.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.Fresh Estate sale finds.

very cool stuff

?

Great day.
    Liaison pilots are hard to find. The blades are the icing on the cake.

Thanks steve,
    You would not believe what i paid for them!!!!!!
    3.00 for each item of clothing/including the pilots uniform.
    40.00 for the sword.
    25.00 for the luft dagger.
    I know i should feel bad, but i asked estate company for prices..... and...weel...who am i to argue...lol.

Wow !

Is there any history - do you have the name of the Pilot.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I would not feel bad! You are buying it from the estate company! If not you then someone else would have bought it! Enjoy your items as the veteran who brought these back would have probably wanted you to! The children/relatives did not want these items (who knows what the situation was) that's why I always feel kind of sad when I go to estate sales, as you dig through the stuff, it's like reading a page of their life! So far i've been to 7 or 8 and 4 of those were veterans that have passed.
    John

Has to be the bargain of the year. Well done. You paid the prices asked, no shame in that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As Ade said, they made up the prices not you. Congrats. I am very jealous

wow.. that is amazing!!! that is a great grouping.. need to get to the US

what a bargain,well done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast