Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fuel tank from a V2 from a builders yard in Austria

Article about: I saw this while driving down a side road in the Tyrol in Northern Austria, just outside of Habach. It's an alcohol/water mix fuel tank from a V2 rocket. It was sitting in the middle of a me

?

Default Fuel tank from a V2 from a builders yard in Austria

I saw this while driving down a side road in the Tyrol in Northern Austria, just outside of Habach. It's an alcohol/water mix fuel tank from a V2 rocket. It was sitting in the middle of a metal workers yard. Apparently the owners uncle was a scientist working for von Braun, the engine design works was located in this area. I tried to speak with the guy but my German is primitive at best and it was apparent that he was 1. an enthusiast on the V2 and 2. not an english speaker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuel tank from a V2 from a builders yard in Austria  

Default Re: Fuel tank from a V2 from a builders yard in Austria

Blimey !

Learn German......QUICK !

Steve T

good eyes mate, i'm sure that a museum would be interested in it.

OKW
    ?

If the relative was a scientist working with Von Braun, he would have had a trip to White Sands or points east to look forward to. Is it aluminium (alloy) or stainless? Surely you could have strapped it to the roof of your car, made a wonderful talking point stood in the corner of the lounge.