Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Full GI Foot Locker in Garbage!

Article about: The "L" on most of these magazine covers has "Gifford" hand written on them...

Default Re: Full GI Foot Locker in Garbage!

What an amazing find! I would keep hold of that piece of personal wartime history and do some more research on the guy.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Steve, thanks for the heads-up on the sunglasses!

Ade, it's just my luck that the rarest of the 5 shirts is in the worst shape!

Could someone help me put values on these items? I simply cannot keep anything but the chest and paper items...

Great stuff you got.
    Lucky find.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

This kind of discovering makes me think that our society walk on the head.
    Old people are boring!Put all da mess at the garbage,even if their past was so much brilliant than our present!!
    The same everyday in France:we do not know longer listen to the ones that had been through all this .It makes me sick!
    In your case,imo,this foot locker is the symbol of a comsuption illness:it doesn't work perfectly right?Bring it to the dump,and buy another one....

By the way:these advertisings are property of the French Gov!!Send them back to me!!(poor joke...)

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Seb, if you're interested in the advertisements, please send me a private message!

Might be interested one of the WWII shirts if still avail!

Dear Gizmo8z,it was a frog's joke..These ad are much more interesting in your country than in mine,where they will loose all the history wich is behind..
    But thanks.

Lucky you! Nice stuff, shame about the helmet though.

Quote by UHU View Post
    Agreed, it's a railgun, but it looks an awful lot like the barrel of the DORA 80cm railgun (although it may not be big enough...). I've seen other photos of the remnants of the Dora that were found after the end of hostilities and the location and condition of the barrel look similar.

The fate and sequence of events surrounding the Dora at the end of the war are not entirely clear (how do you lose a 1300 ton gun?) and it would be interesting if this GI was somehow connected to it.
    If GIs took it home it would be in peices. I was talking to a vet a month ago and he told me when he was mustard out of the army. There were 8 guys that had different peices of a MG. After they went through one guy collect all other parts and would have a MG at home... If GIs didnt get hold oof it it scrap metal. That happen alot after the war. Things were scares post VE day

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast