Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Scope thing???

Article about: Well i went over to my friends place to help him clean out his barn and i found this in there and told i could have it! I not quite sure what it is off of I have seen these but they where th

Default German Scope thing???

Well i went over to my friends place to help him clean out his barn and i found this in there and told i could have it! I not quite sure what it is off of I have seen these but they where the binocular style this looks like it might have been that style at one point but it may have been cut in half! The cut looks like it was done during the war but i have no idea Anyone seen anything like this before??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Scope thing???   German Scope thing???  

Default Re: German Scope thing???

A couple of more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Scope thing???   German Scope thing???  

Don't take my word for it, but it looks to me that by the color, It was most likely used in Africa. It also looks like at one point there may have been a second part of it.

yes...this looks to have been halved,,,should be two sets of lenses,,these were mounted on tripods with a ranger drum below and some other pieces,,,i believe these were used for range finding and long distance observation,,,i used mine to look at the full moon one time,and i think i saw the man in the moon there...LOL,,,..these are often called flak binoculars as well,,,

It has been cut i took over to my next door neibor who is a metal worker and he said it was cut with a band saw he said it looks like it was done in World War 2 due to the tan paint in the saw grooves the weird part is the photos of the other ones i have seen have a knob on top and where the knob would be on this one looks like it was never fully drilled

?

That's just standard RAL7028 Dunkelgelb, the base colour for most field stuff from mid-1943 on I think it was; it's not Afrika tan.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...