Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great day

Article about: It is nice when stuff is gifted to you................! I think I'd be making the trip to see your girlfriend's relatives as soon as I could............!

Default Great day

It was a great day, my girlfriend gave me this beautiful original luftwaffe bowl, it belonged to some of her relatives that still live in germany. A few years back they bought an old building in nuremberg that was a restaurant in the 30`s and 40`s.
    While renovating the place, they found the attic full of porcelain, furniture and lot more stuff. This bowl is from thatattic. They came to portugal for a few days and gave her the bowl, knowing that i collect this stuff. I was also given a portuguese army issue uniform from a ultramar war vet. However is smelled so bad that i had wash it. So right now i can only show you the belt.
    I will post photos of the rest in the next few days.

Some photos of the bowl and the belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great day   Great day  

Great day   Great day  

Default Re: Great day

NunoGTi, I have a gravy boat with the same markings, its knocking about somewhere, but I dont know where ! the markings "FL. U. V." indicate "Property of the Luftwaffe" abreviated in German.
    Prost ! Steve.

Nice..! I recently had a similar experience, 2 houses down from where I live, a widow, who is from Germany, she is in her 70's and still remembers the war, the bombings, and all the parades, I showed her all of my Third Reich mem. and she gave me a coin, she got from her brother in Germany, 1937 Reich mark coin. She asked me why I like Hitler so much? I said I don't, but I collect German artifacts.

Mike

Quote by oradour View Post
    NunoGTi, I have a gravy boat with the same markings, its knocking about somewhere, but I dont know where ! the markings "FL. U. V." indicate "Property of the Luftwaffe" abreviated in German.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi oradour.
    I also have a luftwaffe plate with the same markings.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

The belt

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Nice..! I recently had a similar experience, 2 houses down from where I live, a widow, who is from Germany, she is in her 70's and still remembers the war, the bombings, and all the parades, I showed her all of my Third Reich mem. and she gave me a coin, she got from her brother in Germany, 1937 Reich mark coin. She asked me why I like Hitler so much? I said I don't, but I collect German artifacts.

Mike
    Hi Mike, its great.
    They also told me next time i visit germany, to pay them a visit.
    They would give a bunch of stuff

As promised, the photos.
    Starting with Uniform nº1, manufacturer is OGFE.

Stuff is always good when its free

Great day  

Uniform nº3,, all im missing is the tie and beret.
    Again OGFE

Great day  
    Last edited by António Fragoeiro; 06-23-2011 at 01:53 AM.

5x issue t-shirts.

Great day  

For you to have an idea, how it would look like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great day  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast