Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

gun sight off a german battle ship.

Article about: Hello, hope someone can help me I am trying to save this from the scrap yard. This was bought in the 50s by someone's dad and has been in a container ever since and been forgotten about. A f

Default gun sight off a german battle ship.

Hello, hope someone can help me I am trying to save this from the scrap yard. This was bought in the 50s by someone's dad and has been in a container ever since and been forgotten about. A friend of my has bought them for there scrap value there weight is about 1 1/2 TON'S. What he has told me they came off a very famous battle ship. Can anyone help please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture gun sight off a german battle ship.   gun sight off a german battle ship.  

gun sight off a german battle ship.  

Can't help you with the location it came from, but it is definitely a German Naval gun sight from WWII and Certainly very much worth not scrapping...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A bit much for the average punter's collection but surely a suitable naval museum would be interested?

Not sure what to do cannot let them get scraped. such a shame.

What part of the world are you in?
    Some museums are strapped for cash but others could well afford to rescue it - just need to find a sympathetic curator who sees its worth.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

CBH
    ?

These could be from the Atlantic Wall defences, many naval guns and equipment were utilized.

I'm sure there are numbers on it somewhere which would tell you what style gun it's from.

Please try and save this rare item, and thanks for sharing it will us.

Thank you everyone there are three of these, two are from the first war and this one from the second war. Honestly he really thinks this was taken off the bismark before she went to sea. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP. How can I find out about this item I have sent emails to the Bismarck forum.please can anyone help . I live in Liverpool England. Someone please help. We cannot let them get scrapped.

Sorry everyone I am going to get in touch with the maritime museum in Liverpool . can anyone help..

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

CBH
    ?

Yes best of luck, hopefully these can be saved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast