Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Happy new year from Carinhall

Article about: Was at my friends place today, She sold the mansion and are moving to somthing like a quarter of that size so theres been alotta cleaning out to do over the past months. Today, after visitin

?

Default Happy new year from Carinhall

Was at my friends place today, She sold the mansion and are moving to somthing like a quarter of that size so theres been alotta cleaning out to do over the past months.

Today, after visiting with my son to wish her a happy new year, i had the pleasure of bringing home the trophy i've been waiting for, knowing it was hidden away up in her attic, having seen a small point of the antler... Think i mentioned it in a post some time ago.

Poached by the, at that time, former forstmeister of carinhall, on the outskirts of Schorfheide/Carinhall late in 1938 something like an hour before the family where leaving the estate.

Also gave me this suitcase with different trophys like wildboar and deer/sika's has got three from the years at Carinhall and a few from the 1950 along with some badges from DJV-exhibitions

Besides that, a few very interesting books from and/or about the period, postcards from the period, don't know if i mentioned the pocketwatch?
    Unfortunately no photographs right here but what a watch, and the chain...VERY interesting as it's typical era style a'la' ss/ahnenerb, i'll post pics later.

oh yeay..the painting from Carinhall...here it is

It's painted by a "famous" local painter who did it in 43...bought years after the war by her father directly from that painter.
    It's still on her wall and it will move along with her to her new house, i insisted as i like i more on her wall, seeing it when visiting and hearing her tell her fathers and familys story... In the end it'll end up on my wall but no hurry at all
    The small pics she's stuck in the frame are as some will recognize, copies from the photoalbum i bought from some two years ago i think

Theres no doubt that the years at Carinhall ment alot to this family and to this woman even today.

I'm happy to be able to share this unique items with you but have to stress that i'm in no way trying to sell any of these or earlier posted items from this family!

I wish you all a good and prosperous newyear of collecting

?

Default Re: Happy new year from Carinhall

I like the boars teeth. Some real nice mounts.

Default Re: Happy new year from Carinhall

No kidding! Those tusks are some Monsters!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."