Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with ID of these Leggings?

Article about: I posted these same leggings some time ago but nobody was able to help with a positive identification, thought I’d give it another go. Wasn’t really sure were to post these. They look to be

Default Help with ID of these Leggings?

I posted these same leggings some time ago but nobody was able to help with a positive identification, thought I’d give it another go. Wasn’t really sure were to post these.

They look to be WWI vintage, not the common US, British or German leggings, as best I can tell. They could possibly be civilian, although all the experts seem to agree that only military used (had the need for) the heavy leather leggings. The closure method was nothing I had seen before so I figured I had better pick them up just in case they were something special. When I picked these up they had a paper tag tied to them that said “Polianas Polak”. One lady I traded a few emails with, from an equestrian supply company in Spain, believes them to be Portuguese but she was unable to find any conclusive information.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

Default Re: Help with ID of these Leggings?

They look like Motorcyclist military leggings to me but which country is tough-they could be one of almost any or all... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, it never even crossed my mind that they could be motorcyclist........ I have a new direction to search now.

Russ

Hi Russ, given the paper tag, did you ever persue the Polish angle?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes Ade, I sure did, first rought I went....came up empty though

Looks like these are going to be as tough to identify the second time around as the first!