Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

The Hero and the Villain - A barnyard find from a WW2 USMC hero Okinawa Japan

Article about: Pick up a Japanese sword that was found in a barn from a WW2 Marine Veteran. I paid a nice sum due to the fact I collect Okinawa specific items. In the end a interesting story came to light

Default The Hero and the Villain - A barnyard find from a WW2 USMC hero Okinawa Japan

Pick up a Japanese sword that was found in a barn from a WW2 Marine Veteran. I paid a nice sum due to the fact I collect Okinawa specific items. In the end a interesting story came to light as the Marine was a WW2 Hero and the blade made by a villain. Thanks for looking!
    Semper Fi,
    Bob
    The Hero and the Villain

?

Default Re: The Hero and the Villain - A barnyard find from a WW2 USMC hero Okinawa Japan

Great site. Fine historical reasearch.
    I really enjoyed the post.
    Thanks
    SteveR

Default Re: The Hero and the Villain - A barnyard find from a WW2 USMC hero Okinawa Japan

Thanks Steve, for the kind words! I was hoping somebody other than myself liked it!

Thank you very much from a French enthusiast!
    I bookmarked your site and gonna spent my lunchtime wandering on it,from A to Z..
    Recently here in the frog's land,we discovered HBO's Pacific...Such a shock!
    I cannot get the Okinawa Baby's and woman scene out of my head.My love ,who is psychologist ,cried all her tears when i showed her these moments...
    So it's why i'm goona make some advertising for your work on the french forums i'm member from,since The Pacific opened every french collector's eyes on the sacrifices your country made in this theater of operations,widely unknowed here...Normandy is not the only place you fought for the freedom...
    Thanks again Bob!

Thanks for the kind words sebfrench, I forwarded your comments to Corporal Pierce a WWII vet who was a machine gunner during the battle on Okinawa, a friend a Chaisson's, and now the Public relations officer for the 6th Marine Divison. I figured your comments from Europe would be a nice topic of conversation when those old guys get together.

Semper Fi,
    Bob

Bob,I'm quite proud that my modest reply could ever be discussed by these 2 heros..
    There's a point i would like to know better:do you know the percentage of vets that had post war stress troubles in the 50's?
    BTW,how do you consider the mini serie?Realistic?Or "Hollywoodistic"...?