Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

History of the Seond World War - Charity shop find

Article about: Hi all I had a few minutes break whilst at work yesterday so went wondering around the little town I was in. I popped into a charity shop to look for WW2 books, (well worth doing and somethi

Default Re: History of the Seond World War - Charity shop find

I have 2 sets of these-was given a set a few years ago thats bound but the original owner removed the front covers of the weekly parts-the other was bought by me during the 70s as a partwork week by week-there was also a WW1 equivalent but I believe that was only done in the 60s and not re released in the 70s as the WW2 version was-the main drawback of the mags from a current perspective is that much previously secret material has been released since the 70s not the least of which is the existence of the 'Ultra' code breaking program and its results. One magazine I collected from the early 70s to the mid 80s when it ceased was 'War Monthly' (later called Military History)-that was an excellent mag!

Wasn't the 2nd edition named "The World at War"? (at least here in the States,anyway) William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello Steve,

I have the full collection of both the First World War and the WW2 versions. They are an absolutely fasinating read and the WW1 editions explain battles I wasn't aware of. The long and very difficult battles that took place in The Alpes surely must match some of the worst.

Andy

?

Well done Steve, that's a cracking pick up.

Regards

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2