Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

House/attic/woodshed/boathouse etc finds

Article about: I had been planning to make this thread for some time now, but since the weather wouldn't allow it(Damn rain) I decided to take a chance and take pictures of (almost) all of my finds I've ma

Default House/attic/woodshed/boathouse etc finds

I had been planning to make this thread for some time now, but since the weather wouldn't allow it(Damn rain) I decided to take a chance and take pictures of (almost) all of my finds I've made in the last 6-7 years in our house/woodshed/old house/boathouse etc in West-Norway.
    I did not realize how big part of my collection is actually finds I've made on my own.

A couple of things that are not in the picture:
    Things I have not found yet(Just wait until this summer ), a Krag Jørgensen rifle from 1900(It's not deactivated and is currently in the weapon safe), Mauser K98 in .30-06 from my dad's military service, they were swapping them out for the G3(This one is not deactivated either and is currently in the weapon safe, I will probably fire it this summer), plates etc from my grandmother and grandfather's wedding in 1944.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

German items:
    Wooden Stielhandgranate case(Found in the attic)
    Ammo/fuse box(Found in basement), could this be for the fuses in the German grenades? If it is, it probably belonged to the case as well
    Mauser bayonet(Found in the old house, I tried to hunt this one down for 3-4 years, I had just given up when I moved some pieces of wood off the workbench)
    Plank for a German airfield(Found in the boathouse, there is another one in our basement)
    Potato/flour bags(Found in the woodshed)
    S-Mine detonator(Found in the basement)

Norwegian items:
    Group picture from my grandfather's time in the Norwegian army in the mid 1930s(Found in the attic in an old suitcase)
    About 5-6 books(Where else? The bookshelf)
    Cup from my Grandfather's time in the army(It sat on a shelf in the kitchen until I put it in my collection)
    Krag Jørgensen/Jarmann/Shoutgun rounds(Found in basement)
    Muzzle protector for Krag Jørgensen(Found in house)
    Fuse cases(Found in basement)
    My grandfather's military backpack(Found in woodshed)
    My grandfather's military belt(Found in old house)
    My grandfather's military pass(The red one, found in suitcase in the attic)
    My grandfather's fishing pass(Found in old house and given to me by a relative)
    Remains of my Grandfather's military Y-straps(Metal parts, found in basement)
    Booklet on what to do if you fish up/discover sea mines and other explosives(1941, Kriegsmarine command, found in our house)
    Tobacco ration boxes(Found in the basement)
    Bulletin saying "Warning: Connection with Germany's enemies will be punished by death)
    Old Norwegian flag(Found in our house)
    Old cannonball, probably from the 1800s or so(Found in the old house)
    15 Newspapers from April-August 1945(Found in the house), to me, these newspapers are more than just newspapers, our house used to be the local post office, which my family ran from 1800-1980s and they are marked to our post office.

American items:
    Coin from 1939(Found in the basement)

British items:
    Coin from 1942(Found in the house)
    Box for plastic explosives(Found in the woodshed)

Headlines from the ones produced during the war(At least the war in Europe):

26 April 1945:
    "In the Battle of Berlin, every foot of soil is being fought over"

4 May 1945:
    "Statement by the German government."
    "Reich Minister Speer points out the necessity of reconstruction in Germany to protect people's life, and he will even go in for this work if the opponent allows it"

8 May 1945:
    "Germany has surrendered unconditionally"

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: House/attic/woodshed/boathouse etc finds

Great items!!!!!!! Love that wooden StGr24 box, I geuss the smaller box would be kept inside for the Sprengkapsels.

Thanks, here are some more pictures of the Grenade box:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...e-case-155876/
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Wonderful to find stuff like this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It sure is! I had no idea how much I had actually found around the house until I grouped it all together. I remember my dad said "I don't think there is anything left, at least not from what I can remember" when I wondered if there was anything WW2 in the house.

I still haven't gone through the entire house, and I've barely looked in the boathouse(Plans for the summer).

Oh that reminds me, this is laying outside the boathouse:
    (Forum picture uploader won't work for me at the moment, I'll add pictures later)
    German Krafstoff 200l barrel.
    Last edited by Vegard T; 06-17-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Results of being extremely bored:
    Found this yesterday in our boathouse.
    It's a plank from a German airfield, it's been used postwar to help get the boats safely into the water etc, this is the third one I've found.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

Neat. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.