Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how about a closet

Article about: about 2 weeks ago my wife and her grandmother were cleaning out the grandmothers house for a garage sale. and ran across some items her grandfather brought back from the ww2. 2 german dagger

welder
    ?

Default how about a closet

about 2 weeks ago my wife and her grandmother were cleaning out the grandmothers house for a garage sale.
    and ran across some items her grandfather brought back from the ww2. 2 german daggers ,a german ski badge, a german canteen. a german 41 byf luger and field glasses with case marked 42 on the strap. their was also a certificate of retention and customs declaration with the luger and field glasses serial number on it dated 12/20/1945 ( in great shape ).he had a hard time when he came back home with what he saw over there. he put these items in a box around 1946 and that is where they stayed.all are in the condition as they came into this country in. the gun wraped in an oily rag . all uncleaned just as we found them . the clip has a different number than the luger but that is the way it came here,all other numbers match. she is on a fixed income so she plans on selling them. i have been trying to research these items to help her out . when i started i knew nothing about this war or these items and we all learned more about the unit her grand father was in. i think i am hooked now. anyway i just found this site and this section so here is a couple pictures.
    thanks tim

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: how about a closet

Wounderful items just the way you like to pull thing out of a house in a small collection of things,the way it use to be

BoMir
    ?

Thanks for sharing Tim.
    A collectors dream to find stuff like that.

Best regards

kompanie
    ?

I always love these storys.Thanks for sharing

?

welcome , the P -08 looks great!

Great items, great condition , cheers Raymond

These stories are absolutely wonderful... I just wish i had the items.

Trevor in Cali.

Great story. Everything appears to be in nice condition. There are still lot's great items out there. Any photos of the daggers?

welder
    ?

here is a dager . a couple of scratches on the blade that you can see not feel. the sheath is perfect, the wood handles are perfect.

and a bayonet.the grips have some holes and the chrome is chipping on blade and handle. the sheath has some light rust , the leather is perfect.
    tim m.

Nice items, nice story...
    what you have there is not a dagger, it is a combat knife. The last one is a parade/dress bayonet.
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI6) Agent and radio operator in Malta, Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.