Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

how about a closet

Article about: about 2 weeks ago my wife and her grandmother were cleaning out the grandmothers house for a garage sale. and ran across some items her grandfather brought back from the ww2. 2 german dagger

welder
    ?

Default how about a closet

about 2 weeks ago my wife and her grandmother were cleaning out the grandmothers house for a garage sale.
    and ran across some items her grandfather brought back from the ww2. 2 german daggers ,a german ski badge, a german canteen. a german 41 byf luger and field glasses with case marked 42 on the strap. their was also a certificate of retention and customs declaration with the luger and field glasses serial number on it dated 12/20/1945 ( in great shape ).he had a hard time when he came back home with what he saw over there. he put these items in a box around 1946 and that is where they stayed.all are in the condition as they came into this country in. the gun wraped in an oily rag . all uncleaned just as we found them . the clip has a different number than the luger but that is the way it came here,all other numbers match. she is on a fixed income so she plans on selling them. i have been trying to research these items to help her out . when i started i knew nothing about this war or these items and we all learned more about the unit her grand father was in. i think i am hooked now. anyway i just found this site and this section so here is a couple pictures.
    thanks tim

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: how about a closet

Wounderful items just the way you like to pull thing out of a house in a small collection of things,the way it use to be

BoMir
    ?

Thanks for sharing Tim.
    A collectors dream to find stuff like that.

Best regards

kompanie
    ?

I always love these storys.Thanks for sharing

?

welcome , the P -08 looks great!

Great items, great condition , cheers Raymond

These stories are absolutely wonderful... I just wish i had the items.

Trevor in Cali.

Great story. Everything appears to be in nice condition. There are still lot's great items out there. Any photos of the daggers?

welder
    ?

here is a dager . a couple of scratches on the blade that you can see not feel. the sheath is perfect, the wood handles are perfect.

and a bayonet.the grips have some holes and the chrome is chipping on blade and handle. the sheath has some light rust , the leather is perfect.
    tim m.

Nice items, nice story...
    what you have there is not a dagger, it is a combat knife. The last one is a parade/dress bayonet.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.