Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting find in an old ww2 train carriage, Western Australia

Article about: Im a photographer here in Western Australia. A year or so back i was walking around an old train yard were they were restoring old carrages. These carrages were to carry soldiers from inland

Default Interesting find in an old ww2 train carriage, Western Australia

Im a photographer here in Western Australia. A year or so back i was walking around an old train yard were they were restoring old carrages.

These carrages were to carry soldiers from inland to the coast ( Fremantle Wharf) to get on ships then off to battle.

These are my images of the old carrages being restored

I climbed into one and walked around admiring the old fixtures, light switches and old pull down sink to get a drink or wash hands

Me sitting in one of the booths

The interesting thing i found was a war report written on the back of a mirror. I have no idea why it was written there but i found it interesting and thought i would share.

I left everything as it was , thought i would share with you all. I know its nothing super exciting but i think its cool

Default Re: Interesting find in an old ww2 train carriage, Western Australia

Very cool... and nice photos to boot!

Great pictures.
    chris

They don't make em like they used to. Such class and style. I love the ceiling in the passageway. Any chance of seeing these cars in a restored state?

Thanks guys. Yep there are quite a few now restored. I will post some pictures very soon. They look fantastic!

Wow. What a piece of history!!
    Reminds me of the train cars I rode in across China some 20 years ago.
    Did they still have eastern toilets in them??? ( Hole in the floor to the tracks)
    They should restore them.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Nice history and superb photos!

What camera/lens/settings did you use?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Is that a HDF treatment you used on the wide angle colour shot? Or layering in photoshop?

?

Very Cool, thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Is that a HDF treatment you used on the wide angle colour shot? Or layering in photoshop?
    Hi mate. Yep its HDR. I try not to do it to much as some HDR can look to cartoony so i try keep it as real as poss.
    3 exposure image and merge all 3 in photomatix Touch up in lightroom after

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast