Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Item found at Ukraine

Article about: Can any body help me with this items which was found at Ukraine. It looks like some identification tag holster but who know? Any idea?

Default Item found at Ukraine

Can any body help me with this items which was found at Ukraine. It looks like some identification tag holster but who know? Any idea?

Item found at UkraineItem found at UkraineItem found at UkraineItem found at UkraineItem found at Ukraine

I am just guessing so could be wrong. Could it be the case for a pocket mirror or something?

How large is it? To me,anyway, I would lean towards it being to hold a folded paper soldiers ID. Not all carried the bakelite tubes, I know.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The dimensions are following: 5.5cm per 4cm. Not so big one. I do not think so that is pocket mirror holder or something like this.

I am also inclined to believe that this was for a soldier's identification information...although I admit I'm speculating.
    cheers, Glenn

Again just a guess, but it could just be a civilian item used to hold Pictures, I know it's usually done in films and all that. But I'm sure soldiers have always kept personal items to remind them of blighty

True, but I can't imagine someone using a zinc coated steel holder for his photos.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."