Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Items from Grandfather given to me in Poland

Article about: Hello. Well first off to explain how i got these items... I'm Polish, i myself live in Canada but my entire family still resides in Poland. I was over for a visit in August and my father gav

Default Items from Grandfather given to me in Poland

Hello.

Well first off to explain how i got these items... I'm Polish, i myself live in Canada but my entire family still resides in Poland.

I was over for a visit in August and my father gave me a small pouch of items that my grandfather had collected in wartime and hidden away. (Kalisz, Poland)

-One winter war badge with material
    -Eagle holding swastika pin
    -DAP pin with original round screw backing
    -#30 Silver with some gold leafing 20JULI1944 Medal
    -SS skull for SS cap

I do not subscribe to those of hate groups that adopt Nazi symbols but i do believe in preserving historic items.

Aside from the pouch i was given a original 1933 SS totenkopf ring... The ring entered my family as my great Aunt was a house maid for a German man in Germany years after WWII. Once the male owner passed away, my great Aunt was given all his clothing and some other household items... going through the mans clothing, in one of his suites was this ring that was hidden behind the seam... I've researched this in a little detail and due to where and from and how this ring was received, im quite certain theres a large chance of it being the real deal as all my items are. The ring has some inscription within the band stating a date in 1933 and othermarkings as well. The ring is in Poland with my father as its value maybe quite high. He is coming to Canada for Christmas and will bring the ring then or if its something someone is highly interested in then we could arrange a sooner transport.

I've added a few images,
    I don't have the ring image as my father is a little behind on computers and emails but i am waiting on a cousin to go over and get me these images to my email....
    I've provided an image that looks exact, aside from inner inscription and close condition.

Ideally id like to know a bit more about these and sell them.

Thanks for readingItems from Grandfather given to me in PolandItems from Grandfather given to me in PolandItems from Grandfather given to me in PolandItems from Grandfather given to me in PolandItems from Grandfather given to me in Poland

Sorry to inform you that the items posted are all crude fakes, typical of what we see coming from Poland...That small eagle with the large red swastika is actually a fantasy item that never existed at all...
    cheers, Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Thanks for the reply,

Now i wasn't quite sure about the 3 within the center but the ones on the end? DAP pin and Winter war Badge?

Thank you.

Jacob

MAP
    ?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I will say that even with these pictures, all the items are unfortunately fake IMHO.

Sorry.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That Screwback NSDAP Party Badge is a one-looker fake. It isn't an enamel and certainly isn't a late war painted version...
    The Eastern Front Award is a cast fake that has been beat up to give it some age...
    Take some time to compare with the originals on the Forum...
    cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Sorry, Glenn beat me to the punch...Dang kids distracting me.....

The Eastern Front (Winter medal) is a crude cast fake. The DAP pin as well appears to be bad.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you guys,

I appreciate your time and knowledge!

I will post some ring images once i have them and hopefully that may be real!

Very glad i didn't pay for these items.

Jacob

Welcome to the Forum, Jacob...This is a great place to learn...I encourage you to post items here for review before spending your money...
    cheers,Glenn

Thanks again Glenn, i will be sure to do so.
    Jacob

MAP
    ?

If the ring came from the same grouping as the other items I would not hold out much hope. Real versions of this ring are extremely expensive and there are 1000 fakes to every one original. The 1944 Wound Badge as well is extremely rare only given out to soldiers who were injured during the assassination attempt on Hitler. Don't remember the actual number awarded but it is just a few dozen or so. (Junker the maker of this badge is said to have made only 100 out of solid silver).

Regards,

Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast