Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find

Article about: Bought a box of stuff for 40.00 at a junkshop.The rifle sling looks german ww2,2 old boy scout pocket knives and another pokcet knife that looks like maybe a navy knife for cutting rope? Any

Default Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find

Bought a box of stuff for 40.00 at a junkshop.The rifle sling looks german ww2,2 old boy scout pocket knives and another pocket knife that looks like maybe a navy knife for cutting rope? Any info appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find   Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find  

Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find   Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find  

Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find   Junkshop k98 sling and pocket knives find  

Last edited by Toecutter; 12-14-2018 at 04:00 PM.

The sling alone is probably worth $100.

Toecutter,

Another neat little find. Well done!

Joel

Thanks guys !Yeah Anderson I figured the sling was worth at least the 40.00 .Don't know what the knives are worth but figured them to be a free bonus.

MAP
    ?

My dad always had a few of these box edged type knives in the workshop. Never really figured out why they we're designed like this
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Great group, the sheep foot blade is usually associated with rope work, when splicing large diameter road chopping them with a knife and bat or club. This Cuts them evenly and makes splicing easier. I'd check and see if it possibly an early US Navy Issue knife.

Jan
    ?

Nice boy scout pocket knives. I remember having one like that as a kid. Albeit with the motto in Finnish "ole valmis". Happy times

Best, Jan

Looks like a nice find indeed! Any marking on that sling by the way? Sling on my 98k is marked L&F on the metal buckle for Linden and Funk. Could be worth $100 is right. Post makes me wish I would have held onto my Boy Scout knife for nostalgia alone. Think the $40 was well spent.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Great group, the sheep foot blade is usually associated with rope work, when splicing large diameter road chopping them with a knife and bat or club. This Cuts them evenly and makes splicing easier. I'd check and see if it possibly an early US Navy Issue knife.
    If that is what these are it makes sense as to why we had a few lying around.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Actually I have got an American made pocket knife very similar to the one with the Boy Scout badge. I was given it by my grandfather, he got it from a US Marine he met in the Pacific during WW2. So these knives while may be not issued were carried by US servicemen during the war.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast