Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Latest car boot finds

Article about: Hi all Just got back from the car boot and thought I'd let you see what I found today. Not bad for £3 !!! Absolutely superb condition given their age. Someone has taken REALLY good car of th

Default Latest car boot finds

Hi all

Just got back from the car boot and thought I'd let you see what I found today.

Not bad for £3 !!! Absolutely superb condition given their age. Someone has taken REALLY good car of them.

Here's some photos of the inside of each.

The transport command book...

The inside of the travellers hindustani. Some of the 'popular' phrases in here are hiliarious, such as, 'Madam, I did, but owing to wind it has become dirty again' and 'Look here! The garden is very dirty'.

The overseas service book. Interestingly Europe is not listed !!

And on the back page I have already spotted this excellent piece of advice....

.....'Snakes are most frequently found in tents, bath houses and latrines.As a rough guide, the little fellows are poisonous, the big ones are not.'

Let's hope nobody came across a 6 foot cobra then !!!!

And lastly the health hints book. Full of illustrartions this book, and written in quite a 'jolly' manner.

The last page summarises the booklet quite nicely.

Anyway, think you'll agree, a nice little purchase.

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest car boot finds   Latest car boot finds  

Latest car boot finds   Latest car boot finds  

Latest car boot finds   Latest car boot finds  

Latest car boot finds  

Default Re: Latest car boot finds

Hi Steve, I enjoyed reading the extracts you posted. The "last word" is typical stuff of the period!

Great little buy.

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with Ade, That's a nice little group!

Thise is what I braught back last sunday.
    Militaria is very hard to find on flea markets or car boot sales!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest car boot finds  

Not too bad Stuka f,

As a good old catholic lad, I can appreciate the crucifix, and the action man tank will appreciate to the toy collectors. The antique tackle block is a collectible item on its own.

Well done

Although I do particularly like the quote in Steve's book, "Beware of sparkling waters, sparkling wines and sparkling eyes", in my experience the sparkling eyes can do the most damage, especially those dusky maidens with veils

Cheers,

Grant

I took the time to read Steve's finds. It is quiet funny to do!

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    Not too bad Stuka f,

As a good old catholic lad, I can appreciate the crucifix, and the action man tank will appreciate to the toy collectors. The antique tackle block is a collectible item on its own.

Well done

Although I do particularly like the quote in Steve's book, "Beware of sparkling waters, sparkling wines and sparkling eyes", in my experience the sparkling eyes can do the most damage, especially those dusky maidens with veils

Cheers,

Grant
    Never Mind Grant,

Keep basting it with the correct ointment and it'll clear up .....eventually.

But, if it looks like like a cauliflower, and of similar size, and you can wring it out like a BATH SPONGE (yes, iam shouting this time,) then it's best to go and see the M.O(apparently, i'd like to add)

Best wishes in your groinal endevours,

Dr. Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dearest Ned,

I DO (I'm not shouting) appreciate your well considered advice. It would appear from the most VIVID (again not shouting) and detailed descriptions given, that you may be speaking from past PERSONAL EXPERIENCE(this could be shouting).

I do wish your groinal endeavors all the best as well, from one professional to another

Cheers,

Grant

?

A M41 body with a Tiger II turret?

You guys are so lucky to have all that history just waiting to be found, almost in your own back yard. Keep up the great finds!