Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Latest find at Warrington tip

Article about: Another knock at the door today from my neighbour who works at the local tip. This time he brought around a royal Naval officers beret , a tube of camouflage face paint, a stay bright RA cap

Default Latest find at Warrington tip

Another knock at the door today from my neighbour who works at the local tip. This time he brought around a Royal Naval officers beret , a tube of camouflage face paint, a stay bright RA cap-badge, and a souvenir from Afghanistan. The beret is named to Lt G LLOYD, and I thought the name sounded rather familiar. A quick check of my previous post of May 10th revealed that the Royal Naval items found back then belonged to the same officer! Two finds a month apart, and all named to the same man. Now what are the odds of that happening? I suspect that some bartering for a few more bars of Welsh (Blackpool) rock is on the cards!

Latest find at Warrington tipLatest find at Warrington tipLatest find at Warrington tipLatest find at Warrington tipLatest find at Warrington tip

?

Very nice find.

The odds of that Steve nice additions to the kit ,ill sort out some sticks for you ,im sure your stocks have depleted by now

No more rock for me James. I've got a knackered right knee that is in urgent need of replacement, but there might be a slight issue with my BMI... A bottle of beer to drown my sorrows would go down well though! There is actually a lot more equipment than I have listed - but to a separate man.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    No more rock for me James. I've got a knackered right knee that is in urgent need of replacement, but there might be a slight issue with my BMI... A bottle of beer to drown my sorrows would go down well though! There is actually a lot more equipment than I have listed - but to a separate man.
    Cheers,
    Steve.
    Yup give me beer any day!......Hey Steve my missus had a knee replacement last November and hasn't looked back, try to get it done at Halton if you can and not the cess pit known as Warrington general!..

Hey Gunny... its true this... I had a right hip replacement at St Helens community hospital in June 2006. I was 5ft 9ins when I went in... The day after the operation I was lay on the bed and it looked to me as though my right leg was longer. I collared a doctor and told him, but he said I was being ridiculous. Anyway I insisted that it was longer. In the end they got the surgeon (ex-RN) who operated on me, and he explained to me that the socket in my hip was that badly damaged, they had to set the new socket an inch or so lower. I'm now 5ft 9ins on the left, and 5ft 10 and a bit on the right! Needless to say, this has NOT helped my knackered spine at all... The lower five vertebrae have no discs, it is just bone rubbing on bone - and there is nothing they can do. I'm falling apart at the seams!