Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latest finds from the local rubbish tip.

Article about: I had a visit from one of my neighbours just an hour ago, and he left me with a large cardboard box full of combat clothing and equipment which had been dumped at the council tip. Here follo

Default Latest finds from the local rubbish tip.

I had a visit from one of my neighbours just an hour ago, and he left me with a large cardboard box full of combat clothing and equipment which had been dumped at the council tip. Here follows a list of material....

One-man tent with mosquito net.
    Four pairs of desert camo combat trousers.
    Two pairs of woodland camo combat trousers.
    One desert camo lightweight combat jacket.
    Two woodland camo lightweight combat jackets.
    One waterproof JACKET. COMBAT. MPV. (woodland camo).
    One under armour combat shirt (desert camo).
    Two packets of army-issue snot rags.
    One Shemagh in unopened packet.
    One water bottle.
    Eight various -sized pouches.
    One complete assault vest.

All items were issued to a serviceman serving in the Royal Navy. For the life of me I cannot understand how an ex-serviceman can dump this much equipment. If they all do that, it must cost the government an absolute fortune. In my day you had to hand in all your kit. You were only allowed to keep your suitcase, towels, socks and beret (without badge).

Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.Latest finds  from the local rubbish tip.

Why would anyone throw away perfectly good kit?... get 'em on ebay Steve you'll make a few quid!...

Lt Commander, regular navy?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I would assume so!

CBH
    ?

I'd love to find that !

Beyond me why stuff like this gets tossed away .
    I love that desert camo.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

When I got out I kept my field gear for hunting and camping and got rid of my dress uniforms and have worn the rest of it out over the years. I still have a couple of pairs of jungle boots and some other odds and ends.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    An officer! I rest my case

Probably being of that ilk did not want to hump it so just gave it to a rating and said "dump my kit for me"

So, the matelot followed the instruction and now Capt Pugwash is wondering where it is

Mark
    Proud Pongo for ever (Although my son is a Jack)
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I notice the assault vest has his name and number on it!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I notice the assault vest has his name and number on it!...
    Yep, pretty poor Pers Sec to my mind and the left chest pouch has a red stain that looks like Cas Sim to me. Taken together with the condition of the gear, the kind of gear it is, the rank marking and the circumstances of disposal I am getting the picture of a reservist (no offence at all to reservists whatsoever, it's just a different mind set) here. I find it hard to imagine any regular dumping such kit.

Any ex-member will recall the ceremony of "Buckshee for the boys" when a departing serviceman simply dumps all his "Buckshee" (military slang from the Persian baksheesh meaning gift, free of charge,bribe etc) which everyone has, in the middle of a group of peers provoking a free for all.

Otherwise he would trade / sell it but never just trash it!

This is a cracking find anyway

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast