Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Leather pouch

Article about: I found this stuffed away with some of my Dad's stuff. The rounds were in it. All it has on it is 'EK 1943. Is it a ammo pouch? I'm pretty sure it's American.

?

Default Re: Leather pouch

The only thing U.S. G. I. that looks like your pouch is the pre-war, early WWII Leather tool kit pouch for the B.A.R. this is in fact a WWI design phased out for a canvas style tool roll later on in WWII. As with the Garand belt Bore Cleaner, this pouch was designed to be carried in one of the rear pockets of the M1937 BAR Belt instead of a loaded magazines, the dead give away is the pouches size, which are about the same as a 20 round BAR Mag.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Nige
    I have several 20 Round BAR magazine leather pouches I picked up in Sweden 20 years ago.
    All have the 3 Crown stamp on the back and have a fold over cover that goes 1/2 the height down the front, secures with a brass stud thru a loop in the strap. The belt attachment is 4 in wide and is secured to the back by 4 copper rivets. Size is 8 in long by 5 1/2 wide by 2 1/2 thick.
    I have used them for years as field pouches for my Engineering gear (my Field book , compass, plumb bob and Leica 3-B -now Canon Digital).
    They have aged wonderfully and I get a number of compliments on their look and quality.
    I have also used a couple of AK 4 Mag pouches that I picked up in Iraq during Desert Storm as Field tool pouches. They were part of a cache of AK gear we recovered during the fray but they were East German Forest camo pattern!
    (The AK's ranged from Czech to Norinco with a few Soviet models).
    I still have one of the Czech AK's hanging on my wall along with one of the Iragi Tank flags we took for the Regiment's Trophy room back at Knox.
    I also have my old man's A-2 and B-3 USAAC jackets from when he was with the 13th Photo Squadron at Mount Farm Air Base outside of Oxford. The A-2 has gotten too small for myframe but the B-3 still keeps me warm on winter days.

Quote by Nige H View Post
    The only thing U.S. G. I. that looks like your pouch is the pre-war, early WWII Leather tool kit pouch for the B.A.R. this is in fact a WWI design phased out for a canvas style tool roll later on in WWII. As with the Garand belt Bore Cleaner, this pouch was designed to be carried in one of the rear pockets of the M1937 BAR Belt instead of a loaded magazines, the dead give away is the pouches size, which are about the same as a 20 round BAR Mag.

Nige.
    I have seen the BAR pouch. It's identical to mine except for the belt attachment. Mine is plain. EK 1943 is on the front above the clasp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2