Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Lots of great finds yesterday!

Article about: I will be posting pics of everything when i get home, but im pretty excited about what i got yesterday. they were all found by the same guy and i got them all for a total of about \\$250. come

Default Lots of great finds yesterday!

I will be posting pics of everything when i get home, but im pretty excited about what i got yesterday. they were all found by the same guy and i got them all for a total of about $250.

come back to this thread tonight to see pics of my purchases from yesterday:

fixed-bail schleuter helmet w/liner.

swivel bale rear seam helmet with cork finish and ww2-era liner (helmet is late WWII?)

afrika corps oberschutze rank patch

m1902 dress sword w/scabbard

m1907 spanish cavalry sword w/scabbard

yesterday was a pretty good day!

Default Re: Lots of great finds yesterday!

Looking forward to seeing the photos
    Regards, Simon.

Cant wait to sse those photos
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Sweet got something to look foward to.

ObKrieger, It's best to post pictures when you start a thread. You will generally keep readers in suspense

rgds, Ty

here are the pics guys! sorry it took me so long to get them up.

i only took one shot of the two swords i bought. you can see detailed ones on this thread:

HELP: Pre-WWII U.S. dress swords

I also included pics of the Afrika rank patch, my two helmets, and a little pamphlet i picked up at a local garage sale. it cost 10 cents but the lady gave it to me for free because she was packing up and she didnt care much about it : ). it appears to be a little pamphlet explaining the goings-on of 6th port and it has some nice pictures in it of men working the docks.

and i have a question about the rear seam helmet... i was told that it was probably WWII era. something about the early cork original finish. the liner is WWII era and it has a number painted inside just like the shell. they are different numbers, but done in the same style. what do you guys think, is it WWII?

overall i had a damn good weekend! and if im lucky, i could have a single decal SS camo helmet but next weekend for a ridiculously low price. i am 99 percent sure its real but it has no liner unfortunately. ill be posting pics of it as soon as i get them!

enjoy fellas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lots of great finds yesterday!   Lots of great finds yesterday!  

Lots of great finds yesterday!   Lots of great finds yesterday!  

Lots of great finds yesterday!  

troyadamietz
    ?

Is that 2nd helmet as small as it looks, or is that just an optical illusion?

?

Nice finds!

For the second M1, judging by the use of cork in the paint finish as you mention, this is WWII production. Later variants used sand in the paint to give it that even throughout rough feel. Also, WWII production M1's had the chin straps sewn onto the bales which yours appear to be.
    Last edited by Masonk; 06-28-2010 at 07:25 PM.