Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Middle Eastern Eagle Bullion Patch

Article about: Hi all. I realise that this may be out of the field/ period of collecting that many are into, however I would appreciate any opinions as which Middle Eastern state this eagle patch belongs t

Default Middle Eastern Eagle Bullion Patch

Hi all. I realise that this may be out of the field/ period of collecting that many are into, however I would appreciate any opinions as which Middle Eastern state this eagle patch belongs to. I initially thought it was Iraqi clearly it is not (that will teach me to buy things because they are shiny!). Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Middle Eastern Eagle Bullion Patch  

Middle Eastern Eagle Bullion PatchI'm erring towards Libya!...As this one is listed as a Libyan cap badge!...
    Edit, During the time Qaddafi was in power!...

That is indeed a Libyan army female's cap badge.

Well found Gunny , the Arabic script is certainly the same , I was "googleing" all over the middle east and hadn't got as far as north Africa!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well found Gunny , the Arabic script is certainly the same , I was "googleing" all over the middle east and hadn't got as far as north Africa!! Leon.
    It was the green shield on the belly of the eagle that did it, i remembered the Libyan flag in the Qaddafi era was solid green!..

Nice one Gunny! I tried matching up the belly flag but didnt look at Libya, so thanks a lot

Pleased to help mate!...