Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Militaria in Italy, Austria, and Czech Republic?

Article about: I am about to take a two week long trip to Italy, Austria, and Czech Republic. I would really like to track down some militaria as I have heard that a lot of times that the Italians sell stu

whatthecrunchyo
    ?

Default Militaria in Italy, Austria, and Czech Republic?

I am about to take a two week long trip to Italy, Austria, and Czech Republic. I would really like to track down some militaria as I have heard that a lot of times that the Italians sell stuff pretty regularly in the countryside. We will go in this order: Rome, Florence, Venice, Vienna, and Prague. We will be visiting Anzio and Montecassino in Italy, as well as some other places we haven't decided yet.

What I am asking for advice on is this: Have any of you already been here and remember specifically spots where you have found militaria? Do you have any strategies or suggestions for tracking this stuff down? ANY advice is much appreciated.

When I went to England, Germany, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, stuff was really easy to find (as one can assume). I feel that this trip to Italy and to the other two countries will be a bit of a different experience than Europe hunting (perhaps harder), but I think it has some potential as well since it is probably not as picked over.

Thank you for your help!

OKW
    ?

Default Re: Militaria in Italy, Austria, and Czech Republic?

Take care driving in Italy!
    I believe its an offence to openly offer for sale items with swastikas and other items on them.
    If he's still alive you might call in to visit the SS officer imprisoned in Rome for his part in the Rome caves incident, 33 years, possibly 39 and counting.
    If you intend visiting any of the museums in Florence book your tickets ahead, do not miss your slot, the queues are horrendous, administered with typical Italian efficiency.
    Avoid British stag parties visiting Prague, i apologise for their behaviour.

ian
    ?

be carefull in austria any thing nazi related is very iligal to show openly
    i worked there for 14 months and one day i wore my old regimental t shirt
    with a 17/21 lancer motto on it which is a skull and x bones with the motto or glory on it i was arrested and spent 2 hours trying to convince the police that it was a very famous British cavelry regiment NOT a Nazi symbol
    so be carfull who you ask and if you do get anything keep it hiden
    the austrians want to hide/forget there nazi past and if you get court digging for relics they will hang draw and quarter you
    just some friendly advise cheers ian

Hi,
    In Italy there are a lot of militaria shows, I found this schedule, hope this can help you

Fiere Militaria

I can suggest you if you have time absolutely to go the "Piana delle orme "museum in Latina near Rome. I think is one the the most beautiful museum in Italy. Check its website.
    Piana delle Orme - Museo storico

...also enjoy our food and wine!!!

Davide

whatthecrunchyo
    ?

Thanks for the help. That museum looks very cool. I may have to carve some time out to go and see it!

Jordan

in Austria are there not shops with military?

Of course there are! Just any kind of III Reich propaganda is prohibited like T-Shirts etc. Austria is a very good source of III Reich militaria and I have got many items from the local dealers. And please keep in mind that if You do not belive that 6 000 000 jews were murdered in gas chambers You can spend next 3 years of Your life in Austrian prison... If You do not belive in it, better do not go to Austria:-)

no problem from me.maybe will go this winter.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.