Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Military furniture?

Article about: At a random yard sale today, asked the guy if he had anything military for sale, he said he had nothing of the sort etc, I bought a glass cabinet and another cabinet off him, It wasnt til I

Default Military furniture?

At a random yard sale today, asked the guy if he had anything military for sale, he said he had nothing of the sort etc, I bought a glass cabinet and another cabinet off him, It wasnt til I got back home I had a look at the back of the furniture and they appear to be RAF furniture or military? 1949 dated and has what it appears to be someone name and miltary crown symbol? reminds me of Air Ministry mark, and other writing on the corner I cant make out yet, what does GRVI with a crown stand for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military furniture?   Military furniture?  

Military furniture?   Military furniture?  

Military furniture?   Military furniture?  

this piece has a crown stamp too with WD, is this the War Department logo?? has 1700s company WT&S brass support pieces...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military furniture?   Military furniture?  

Military furniture?  

The GRVI with crown is for King George 6th, so was made in his reign, sorry can not help with the other details.