Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

More car boot discoveries

Article about: Hi. Another car boot sale and a couple more nice items to go in the collection. A medal grouping belonging (according to the seller) to a Sergeant Slaughter! Though it can't be proven. And a

Default More car boot discoveries

Hi.

Another car boot sale and a couple more nice items to go in the collection. A medal grouping belonging (according to the seller)
    to a Sergeant Slaughter! Though it can't be proven. And a lovely little silver love token dated 1914 with initials RGB on what looks to be a watch chain. I really like this one!
    Does anyone think these ore ok?

More car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveriesMore car boot discoveries

?

Default Re: More car boot discoveries

Nice finds.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the name of the British soldier who earned those medals should be engraved on the edges of them.

Nice finds.

Hi Mo, sadly, these are WW2 issues medal and were issued un-named. WW1 medals were named.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the info.

A pity they will not be named. A bit of history is always interesting...

Brian.

The italy Star and 1939 - 1945 Star have had their ribbons swapped around. Still, nice to see a grouping.

Thank you.

Shows how observant I am. I'll have to change them over if I can.

Brian.

Ribbons are in the correct order however stars have been changed over. 39-45 star is mounted before the Italy star as per ribbon order at present.

Slaughter is a fairly common name here in the UK.

Thanks for the help.

I assume that the grouping must have been dismantled and put back incorrectly, which could also mean that is has been assembled from individual medals.

In any case, I think I'll leave well alone.

Brian.
    Last edited by bgriggsy; 09-10-2012 at 10:03 PM.