Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Article about: Hi Guys, this trailer was found on a farm in Scotland in 1993. I bought it. This is my trailers known history. The trailer that you see before you was especially designed for use by the Airb

?

Default Re: My 1944 British Airborne trailer

The British Towed 4.2-Inch Mortar was produced originally with the airborne wheels and hubs. They didn't utilize a brake though as found on the trailers. Sometime in late 1944 or early 1945 the wheels and hubs were changed over to the pattern found on the 6-pdr A/T guns.

its very ,very interesting!!!

I search pictures airborne trailers Coventry Climax company production, 1944-1945,

I dont know nothing abot this field kitchen trailer, (picture from Beltring 2009),

its original wartime mobile kitchen? or its only private project?

Higgins

here is my picture, this airborne field kitchen, from Beltring

Higgins
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

I got the manual from Rob. This manual answered none of my questions.....details of types of trailer but no details of the interior. Does anyone have details of the interior? Or possibly have any idea what the interior brackets are for?

?

Most interesting thread!
    Cheers, Edwin

Quote by ehawk View Post
    Most interesting thread!
    Cheers, Edwin
    Hallo to USA,

maybe help you this one?

regards

Higgins
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

Hi to all,
    any years ago I was in contact with trailer ovner (Higgins pictures). The interior of his trailer is home made not original, many things are converted for his use and never was originaly fitted. The woden floor is absolutely non pattern.

?

Those are ancient shots of how my trailer used to appear. They are more than 12 years old. The web page where they are hosted states the floor is not correct as it should be more like a simple wooden slat pallet format. And the pioneer tools were strapped inside as we used the trailer in support of a towed 75mm and 3-inch mortar at the time. You can see shots of the two items in tow together behind the jeep in the old UK Military Monthly magazine vol # 2 & 3. These are not factory modifications so don't duplicate them unless they suit what you need.

The same would go for the photo I posted earlier in the thread showing the airborne trailer with a shovel bolted on the outside wall with the towed 4.2-inch mortar. Or the page before where there is an airborne trailer at Arnhem with a spare tyre mounted on the front. But in these cases, the non-standard modifications are on wartime examples.

Officially there weren't many items dedicated to the trailer as it was meant for cargo which would vary based on the unit it was assigned to. The fittings inside the side wall would have been for a tyre inflator and flat repair kit.

maybe this one, have orig interier?

and behind jeep is others unknown british trailer?

Higgins
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

On the black and white picture is trailer what looks similer as thi german 1940's WWII German Army Wehrmacht Signal Corps Trailer | eBay

Maybe is it any captured trayler.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast