Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Article about: Hi Guys, this trailer was found on a farm in Scotland in 1993. I bought it. This is my trailers known history. The trailer that you see before you was especially designed for use by the Airb

?

Default Re: My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Thank you very much for your answers - you are truly courteous and .. patients (when talking about the quiet English ...)
    Ade, yes, it was my fault that I have not paid much attention to the previous post - will be the case is again to read and study them all -
    Radek, thanks to the image - Then the floor was done in 2 parts - well - I will try to calculate the width of the axes and the spaces between the axis and the other -
    Thanks for the effort to verify the measures of the strap -
    Now I must leave for the shift in my emergency room, but as soon as possible I will begin to study what you wrote -

Thanks again and sincere greetings to all -

Gabriele

?

Look what the cat drag in

My 1944 British Airborne trailer

Any info on electrical details aprciated. How does originale rear lights look like?

Svenn

I know where one of these is on a farm covered over in farmers stuff! and scaffold poles etx looks alright to me from a distance never approached the farmer is it worth it guys obviously not got a jeep but waiting for a guy to one day sell me his which is just sitting in a garage alongside a Bsa m20!! he takes them out once a year and is more of a steam nut not really into military he got them cheap at the end of the war.Andy

Hi Andy, good original trailers are drying up so, it is worth chasing it up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Guys, haven't been on the forum for a while so thought it time to catch up.

Have finally found out how to up load some pictures so this is my first attempt.

This is my airborne saw bench trailer that I restored during the summer of 2010 and first went on show at the War and Peace Show 2011. Hope it is of interest?

Regards, Staff (Louis)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

This is my Airborne 100 gallon Water Bowser which was restored around 2005.

Regards Staff (Louis)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1944 British Airborne trailer   My 1944 British Airborne trailer  

?

This is my Airborne field kitchen which was recovered from a lady in Breda Holland. This is deffinatly not a fantasy item and I can confirm that the cesus number is the original one, after doing some research this census number was in a batch of numbers that were set aside for special use, however what special use that was is unclear. I have a document that lists some suggestions for trailer special builds but as to it's authenticity I wouldn't like to comment as it is not an original document and has been re typed. Unfortunatly the field kitchen was not on the list and having compaired the chassis construction to all other types accept the "Z" type I can also confirm that it's configuration is unique. Therefore it remains some what of a mistery until any new evidence comes to light. One thing the general sence of opinion from several airborne groups and individuals in the know seems to be that it would probably have come with the seaborne element and be attached to a HQ unit or possibly with a field clearing station.

?

Airborne Murex Welding trailer

?

6 KW Generator trailer

?

5 KW Generator trailer

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast