Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My antique show finds

Article about: I picked up a fixed bail. It has had a hard life but the price was right. I also got around 200 german photos. A Hawaii dollar and some Hitler stamps a 50 cal. bullet. It was a good weekend.

Default Re: My antique show finds

That's a great haul!!! Those photos are stunning.......everyday minutia for the soldiers! That is simply priceless! What a wonderful bit of history!! Oh, and the helmet is very nice as well.......

?

Lol :d

?

Thank you Bravo 20. I still have a lot of photos to look at .All the photos were military but 18 of when he went skiing at a place called Glungezer Hutte.

I think in many ways the photos are really the best find of all......you can learn so much by studying original pics! I have in my collection 4 snapshots that my grandfather took at the end of the war showing German POW's including one SS soldier who is glaring at the camera....I get a very odd feeling looking at that photo because I know he was looking directly at my grandfather! If I had a scanner, I'd post them here!

?

Bravo I agree looking at some of these photos you can see real human emotions. alot more then just the studio shots. If you can I would like to see your grandfathers photos. Gary

Gary, I'll see what I can do about photographing them. I think perhaps if I can lay them flat under a piece of flat glass, they should copy okay. The edges are curled up, but they were like then when I got them all those years ago. The only photo that really bothered me was a dead German soldier that had been covered by hay. It surprised me that my grandfather would have taken a picture like that as when I knew him he was a very gentle soul, but who knows what horrors he saw? He only talked about his wartime experiences very briefly and most of the stories were humorous anecdotes.

Cheers,
    Tim

?

Tim if you do put glass over the photos turn your flash off. As for the photos they are what they are . They are what your grandfather say. Gary

Hi Gary, these are nice little finds.

I must say I like the photos best too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade thanks I will post some more tomorrow. Gary

?

a few more . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture b-day 2010.jpg   b-day 2010 001.jpg  

b-day 2010 002.jpg   b-day 2010 003.jpg  

b-day 2010 004.jpg   b-day 2010 005.jpg  

b-day 2010 006.jpg   b-day 2010 007.jpg  

b-day 2010 008.jpg   b-day 2010 009.jpg  

b-day 2010 010.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast