Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My antique show finds

Article about: I picked up a fixed bail. It has had a hard life but the price was right. I also got around 200 german photos. A Hawaii dollar and some Hitler stamps a 50 cal. bullet. It was a good weekend.

Default Re: My antique show finds

That's a great haul!!! Those photos are stunning.......everyday minutia for the soldiers! That is simply priceless! What a wonderful bit of history!! Oh, and the helmet is very nice as well.......

?

Lol :d

?

Thank you Bravo 20. I still have a lot of photos to look at .All the photos were military but 18 of when he went skiing at a place called Glungezer Hutte.

I think in many ways the photos are really the best find of all......you can learn so much by studying original pics! I have in my collection 4 snapshots that my grandfather took at the end of the war showing German POW's including one SS soldier who is glaring at the camera....I get a very odd feeling looking at that photo because I know he was looking directly at my grandfather! If I had a scanner, I'd post them here!

?

Bravo I agree looking at some of these photos you can see real human emotions. alot more then just the studio shots. If you can I would like to see your grandfathers photos. Gary

Gary, I'll see what I can do about photographing them. I think perhaps if I can lay them flat under a piece of flat glass, they should copy okay. The edges are curled up, but they were like then when I got them all those years ago. The only photo that really bothered me was a dead German soldier that had been covered by hay. It surprised me that my grandfather would have taken a picture like that as when I knew him he was a very gentle soul, but who knows what horrors he saw? He only talked about his wartime experiences very briefly and most of the stories were humorous anecdotes.

Cheers,
    Tim

?

Tim if you do put glass over the photos turn your flash off. As for the photos they are what they are . They are what your grandfather say. Gary

Hi Gary, these are nice little finds.

I must say I like the photos best too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade thanks I will post some more tomorrow. Gary

?

a few more . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My antique show finds   My antique show finds  

My antique show finds   My antique show finds  

My antique show finds  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast